IGALA11 Best Graduate Student Paper Award
Submission deadline: March 30th 2020
The International Gender and Language Association (IGALA) is calling for *language and gender* outstanding graduate student papers. The theme of the IGALA11 2020 conference is Language and the Geopolitics of Gender. Graduate students are encouraged to submit papers which work within this broad thematic area. More specific topic areas in this area are detailed below:
· Transnational discourses of gender and sexuality
· Language, gender and sexuality in conflict/war zones
· Gender, language and human migration
· Gender, language and sexuality in borderless communities
· Language and body politics in the new media
· Language, alternative sexualities and social media
· New/ social media, democracy, sexual and gender politics
· Gender, sexuality and religious/cultural diversity
· Language, gender, sexuality and youth cultures
· Language, gender and sexuality and indigenous cultures
· Gender, sexuality and the discourse of human trafficking
Submissions should be 5,000- 7,000 words in length, in .pdf format, Times New Roman 12 pt. font, and will be accepted in English only. Submissions should not have been published or accepted for publication elsewhere and co-authored submissions are acceptable as long as all authors are graduate students. Submissions co-authored by advisors are not allowed.
Submissions should be emailed as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions must be received by March 30th 2020
Please include your name, address, department and university, telephone number, and email address in the body of the email; in addition, indicate your status as graduate student member of IGALA.
The winner will receive a two year subscription to IGALA which includes a subscription to the journal Gender and Language. The winner will also have a chance to work with the editors of the journal to develop the paper into a published article.
For other questions concerning the award, please contact Rachel Elizabeth Weissler, IGALA graduate student representative: email@example.com